I’m still very early into my journey and I think it’s a good idea to have an understanding of the basics of starting an online business.
Hells teeth, from yesterday, I know it’s good to have an idea!
I am a complete newbie with lots to learn but I got a grasp on the basics of starting and running an online business pretty quickly.
So here goes – I am going to assume you have a computer, access to the internet and a sense of humour;
- Coffee and lots of it. I make a jug and just reheat in the microwave when i want a gulp of inspiration/ burnt mouth.
- Support. Loved ones, family, friends, workmates, special pets (bless) etc. Mentally surround yourself with people/ pets (Huh!) who have a belief in you. Also check out your own self belief system “If you think you can succeed, then you can succeed”.
- Space. An area to learn the basic business of the online business landscape and how to then make money from your efforts. This area can be in your home, in a relatives/ neighbors home, after hours at work, at a library etc it doesn’t matter as long as you find it fits your learning style and needs. I commandeer the kitchen after 9:30 pm.
- Time. You need to be able to set aside time to learn this new skill set and commit to putting the hours in (If this doesn’t appeal I can tell you how to make $7 million a month, in less than 7 minutes a day, 7 days a week for just $777.77 for more info email me at [email protected]). My schedule at present is 9:30 pm to 1:00 am GMT. Time. You need to be able to commit time each week to do the things that you enjoy and spend time with your family and friends.
- A mentor, training program and support community. Online business is a massive field and would have a steeeeeeeep learning curve without this resource. Find your mentor!
- A business idea that you would like to promote to a, hopefully, hungry audience. This is not a prerequisite as there are lots of opportunities to make money once you have the basic knowledge under your belt. I’ve got two. The one you are reading now and one for personal development.
- Taking action! Inspiration, belief, mentoring and knowledge are impotent without taking action. Create your own future by taking action today.
Additional good to have’s;
- An open mind to learning and applying new knowledge. The Universe opens doors to people who say yes!
- Persistence. “Chains of restraint break with the 100th strike, not the 1st”.
- Confidence. “You may not be perfect, but you are unique. Be wholly confident in your uniqueness”.
- Patience. “Good things come to those who wait….whilst they work towards the good things“.
- A highly tuned scam radar. It’s okay if you haven’t got one at the moment as you will develop one very quickly.
And that’s about it!
It’s a lot of fun here, but not always funny, so don’t worry about anything just come on in as the waters lovely
Ps What do you think of the basics of starting an online business – an overall non-techie view post?
Would suggest I add anything?
Please leave a comment below and we can chat